Sunday, November 18, 2007

apple trees


Its hard to think that just a month ago I was sitting in an apple orchard down my street with vanessa in the warm sun. Today I awoke to frost and snow on my porch...Oh the passing of time ! what a glorious thing.

Many updates:

1) I'm applying for a factor grant to complete the whole album...yes, I couldn't just do the three songs as planned...it just seemed like writing 3 chapters of a book that you are really excited about and than putting it away for who knows how many months waiting on a publisher to grab it up and give you the go...guess I was never good at stopping the creative flow when it's there! and also , that no matter how hard I try I am such an independant person that it makes no wonder with my creativity I would be anything but and independant artist. Never let the thoughts of doing something yourself and all the work involved scare or overwhelm you...in the end because of all the hard work it will pay off.

2) My website is bieng re-done by the lovely Jess Baumung photographer and design extrordionare. so excited...should be up by the 30th!!!

3) I'm planning an album fundraiser where I will be auctioning off my artwork to raise funds to get the equipment I'll need for preformances/recording... I've fallen in love with a country gentelman... G6122-1962 .. I always was a sucker for an aged southern accent haha more on this event soon.

4) I re discovered my love for Canadian talent I'm so proud to be Canadian.

Music I'm Listening to:

* Bruce Springsteen the Seeger Sessions

*David Francey

*William Elliot Whitmore

*Lightin' Hopkins

*Ray Lamontagne

AND OF COURSE...

*sir TOM WAITS

No comments: