Thursday, November 8, 2007

smile








So this past week has been sort of dreamy.
I went to see the ballet : Anastasia ... I'm kind of in love with theatre of any sort. I use to be in musicals and had this family tradition to travel to Stratford ever year in September to watch the musicals and bump around the small town markets. Kind of nostalgic.

Than Spencer from Attack in Black came all the way from Welland a few hours to come play and sing on the song "Matthew".We had corresponded through e-mails for about a month while he was on tour with the band. Finally when he had a moment we booked in the studio time...He arrived at my house, mandolin at hand. I swear to god I don't think I have laughed so damn hard in my life. It seemed from the moment he arrived to the moment we left the studio I had a smile on my face. He is one of the most modest and talented & sweetest people I am privileged to know. His band is playing soon in Toronto...you should all go.serious.

Than yesterday the band Said the Whale stopped by my house with
Vanessa To say hi and play some songs for me... we had a warm and beautiful jam session. They were in Toronto to play play a youtube launch party. They than took some wonderful new promo shots to add their newest member Laura, who is a doll. This band as well is made up of the most brilliant songwriters.Ben and I sat afterwards and shared good conversation over a cigar and Tom Waits playing in the background...snow falling...it was perfect.


Sigh... more news soon.
xo
amanda

1 comment:

angela said...

i love the photo of you two on the piano, taken from behind. so nice.