Saturday, October 27, 2007

fall stamps

I am staring at a yellow tree that looks like a million and one fall stamps that mirror those I have been licking to put on letters lately. I must say this fall has been one of the best i have had in a long time.... acuratly I'd say since I was 12. Its a brilliant feeling to be moving forward healthier and happier than ever. I have been like a hermit in my studios ( art & music) tediously preparing for the spring of my releases. Things are moving slowly and exactly the way I want them to. I'm blessed that I am at a stage in my life that I can have the benefit of time to guide the quality of work I am producing.

Every new step I take with this album has been fufilling, full of learning, and so much creative flow. I feel as if I am crafting the perfect poem...short and sweet in it's lines except every word was as if it were a dollar and I had a limited amount to spend to buy the perfect birthday gift for my newborn child.

Today I am getting a new tattoo...more on that later.

Also, I am back in the studio for some grunt work sorting out drum tracks that we laid down last week. Later in the week I will be tracking the final song for this EP/DEMO. I don't think I mentioned this but I have decided to track 3 songs get them mixed and mastered and pitch them to favourable labels. Whilst doing so getting my official touring band together and start rehursals and arrangements. I am so excited for this winter. Trips showcasing to toronto , new york, L.A. Everything is right on time.

I miss your faces as I preform..soon enough I will be on stage, time and patience :) it will be worth it.

xoxo
amanda

No comments: