Friday, October 5, 2007

swamp dreams come true


Deep Breathe Exhale.
Today was my wildest dream comming true. About 3 months ago when Vanessa and I shot first I had a dream the night after about me in a swamp playing piano... I woke up and immediatly called her to than explain that we HAD to recreate this image I had stuck in my head. I promised her I would find a vintage organ or piano that we could sink in a swamp and have me there with it sitting peacefully in this muck. She laughed and said I was crazy and than was like " HELL YEA" ...long story short EVERYONE I mentioned this too thought I was absolutly crazy and could not EVER do it. WELLLLLLL....today we proved them wrong. WE got up suuuper early to shoot in my overgrown tenis court and up by my tree house...change of clothes later we hoped in the car with the organ and drove to a lilly pond swamp by my house. The next hour was pure magic. My cousin Nicole was the BIGGEST help as she trucked along with our ideas and helped us lug the damn thing in and out of the water.

Vanessa and I were waist deep in the blackest, murkiest water with kreepy things brushing up against our legs the entire time. I just have to say how much I admire and LOVE this woman for bieng fearless with me and trusting my insaine ideas. It is the best promotional shot I could ever ask for. Unfortunately I have to hold back the final photo due to release purposes but I promise once the music is ready I will show you the masterpiece we shot.

Tonight at 7pm I will be in the studio mixing the horns and violin we layed down to "Matthew" and "I don't want to keep you from heaven too long"... Also I will start tracking the other instruments to the next two songs: "Pawn Shop Love" & "Little Drummer boy". Tony my producer is bieng so supportive and spending so much of his spare time on my record. I couldn't ask for a more supportive team of people around me. I have such a great feeling about this record...It is remenicent of watching the making of dvd's ...for instance Bruce Springsteen born to run or Bjork in studio ....bob dylan...etc.etc...the excitement in the air and this very clear emotion of "we are creating something special here" is just so evident. It's a very surreal and magical experience and I can not wait to share it with you...

xoxoxo
Amanda

No comments: